What’s teeth whitening?
It’s a simple and popular way to lighten the colour of your teeth and help remove stains and discolouration.
How to get your teeth whitened
- Book an appointment: Our dentists will first need to check if your teeth are suitable for whitening.
- Have custom-fitted whitening trays made: Impressions of your teeth will be taken to create custom-fitted trays that are specifically designed to hold the whitening gel close to your teeth and away from your gums.
- Get your whitening kit: This will include your trays, whitening gel and applicator. You’ll be directed on how to use it – it normally takes 2-4 weeks for the gel to take effect.
- Always have a follow-up: To review the effectiveness of your whitening treatment.
How long does it last?
After your initial whitening, you may require touch-ups every 6-12 months. The results are very dependent on your eating and drinking habits, as well as your general oral hygiene. Once you’ve finished your initial treatment, our dentists will always advise how to maintain your teeth colour for as long as possible.
Are there side effects?
It’s possible you may experience some temporary side effects. That’s why it’s important you visit our dentists first, to check your teeth are suitable for whitening. The most common side effects are:
- Short-term tooth sensitivity, particularly to hot and cold temperatures, and
- Irritated gums.
How much does teeth whitening cost?
Your whitening kit will cost around $350 – that’s before any discount is applied.~
~Kits include custom-fitted trays, whitening gel and applicator. Excludes items already covered by a health fund rebate.