Why a regular dental check up is important
Visiting the dentist for regular dental check-ups is the best way to help:
- Keep teeth and gums healthy
- Prevent future dental problems
- Give you a bright and more confident smile.
How often do you need to go to the dentist?
You should generally visit the dentist once or twice a year – our dentists will recommend what’s best for your oral health.
What’s included in a dental check-up and clean?
During your visit, your dentist will:
- Examine your teeth and gums: Check for any signs of decay, gingivitis and other oral health problems.
- Clean and polish your teeth: Remove plaque or tartar build-up and polish to help remove stains.
- Take an X-ray: Depending on your oral health condition you may require an X-ray.
- Update your medical records: It’s important to advise your dentist of your medications and any health related issues.
- Book another appointment: If they find any problems, they’ll discuss the best treatment plan for you and make the necessary appointments.