Articles Vietnamese Prawn Pho
- Happy members that stay
- Big Benefits
- Not for Profit
- Covered Australia-wide
- 4 Star anise
- 2 Cinnamon quills (or 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon)
- 2 Tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 Thumb sized piece of ginger, sliced
- 5 Cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 Bunch coriander, leaves picked, stems finely sliced
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1L (4 cups) low salt chicken stock
- 500g Peeled prawns
- 200g Rice noodles
- 300g Snow peas
- 6 Bok choy (2 bunches), quartered
- 1 Long red chilli, sliced as finely as you can
- 2 Cups bean sprouts, to serve
- 1 lime, cut into wedges, to serve
- Hoisin sauce or chilli sauce, to serve
- Place chicken stock, garlic, cinnamon quills, star anise, ginger, brown sugar, fish sauce in a medium saucepan and bring to boil. Add the coriander stems, snow peas, prawns, bok choy and chilli. Reduce heat so the stock is lightly simmering, and cook for 10-12 minutes for the flavours to infuse.
- Meanwhile, cook the noodles according to packet directions.
- Use tongs to pick out the noodles and put them in a bowl. Then ladle the stock, prawns and veggies over them. Serve with bean sprouts, coriander, chilli and a lime wedge.