- Happy members that stay
- Big Benefits
- Not for Profit
- Covered Australia-wide
Soy glazed chicken poke bowl
Posted 29 August 2019
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup quinoa
- 3 tablespoons salt-reduced soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Thumb-sized piece of ginger, finely grated
- 4 chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon corn flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup edamame, defrosted
- 1 lebanese cucumber, halved lengthways, thinly sliced
- 4 radish, thinly sliced
- 2 spring onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 avocado, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Boil quinoa for 10-12 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside.
- Mix together soy sauce, mirin, honey, sesame oil and ginger in a small bowl.
- Dust chicken with corn flour. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook for 5-6 minutes each side or until golden brown and just cooked through.
- Pour over soy sauce mixture and cook for a further minute or until slightly thickened and reduced. Remove chicken from the pan and thickly slice.
- Combine edamame, cucumber, radish, spring onion and lime juice in a large bowl. Toss to coat.
- Divide quinoa, salad and avocado between serving bowls. Arrange chicken on top and garnish with sesame seeds.
Dusting the chicken with cornflour helps achieve a golden brown and crispy outside, as well as thicken the soy glaze.
Edamame are green, immature soybeans. They are a great source of high-quality protein, containing all the essential amino acids your body needs.