- Happy members that stay
- Big Benefits
- Not for Profit
- Covered Australia-wide
Sprout's Snapper with Asian greens and ponzu dressing
Posted 8 May 2018
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 4 x 150g Pieces snapper, skin on (or substitute your favourite fish)
- 1 Thumb sized piece ginger, finely chopped
- 4 Cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 Long red chilli, thinly sliced
- 4 Spring onions, cut into 4cm batons
- 3 Bok choy, leaves separated
- 1 Bunch choy sum, leaves separated
- 2 Cups snow peas
- 2 Tablespoons sesame seeds
- Juice of 2 limes
- Juice of an orange
- ¼ Cup mirin
- 2 Tablespoons salt reduced soy sauce
- Combine all ponzu dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high. Add olive oil, then snapper, skin side down. Cook for 1-2 minutes each side or until just cooked through. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- In the same pan, cook ginger, garlic, chili and spring onion for 10 seconds or until fragrant. Add bok choy, choy sum and snow peas. Cook, turning often ,for 1-2 minutes or until vegetables are lightly golden and have softened slightly.
- Divide vegetables between serving bowls. Top with snapper and sesame seeds. Spoon over ponzu dressing then serve.
This dish is all about the bright green, crispy vegetables that soak up the aromatic Asian flavours and make you want more. A great way to increase your veggie intake! Feel free to substitute the suggested vegetables for others you have in the fridge or some of your favourites.