- Happy members that stay
- Big Benefits
- Not for Profit
- Covered Australia-wide
Prawn and Chorizo Couscous Paella
Posted 20 June 2019
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 large whole prawns, cleaned
- ½ chorizo sausage, thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- ⅔ cup couscous
- 1 cup salt-reduced chicken stock
- 1 cup baby spinach
- Zest and juice of a lemon
- ¼ cup kalamata olives, pitted
- ½ bunch flat leaf parsley, leaves picked
- Heat oil in a wide-based frying pan over medium-high heat. Add prawns and cook, turning occasionally, for 2-3 minutes or until browned. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- Return pan to the heat. Add chorizo and capsicum. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until capsicum has softened. Add spring onion and garlic and cook for a further 30 seconds or until fragrant. Stir in paprika and season with salt. Add couscous, stock and baby spinach. Simmer until couscous has absorbed the liquid and is tender. Stir through lemon zest and juice. Return prawns to pan.
- Serve paella topped with olives and parsley.
Diced chicken or pork makes a great substitute for the prawns if you’re not a seafood fan!
Couscous turns a traditional paella from a half an hour recipe to a ten minute one. However, it is a refined product, so if time is on your side swap for the wholemeal version or even brown rice.