Everyone deserves generous Private Health Insurance.
Give yourself more choice and control when it comes to your health, with a fund that’s owned by members and run for members.
Choose affordable Health Insurance with generous benefits
Generous ExtrasRead more
Higher Dental limits for the big stuff like crowns and root canal, Unlimited General Dental & Optical plus fixed cost Physio visits from just $12.
Proper health cover on a budgetRead more
Proper health cover on a budget
All Health Partners’ Hospital policies, even our base level, cover your entire family for the big stuff, like cancer, heart surgery, and spinal surgery as well as accidents.
Kids go freeRead more
Kids go free
You won’t pay an excess for kids on a range of Hospital policies, and Gold and Silver Extras policies have a range of benefits where you’ll get 100% back for kids.
Ambulance cover comes standardRead more
Ambulance cover comes standard
All our cover includes Emergency Ambulance cover as standard so whether you choose Hospital, Extras or a Package, you’ll be covered.
Limits, waiting periods, restrictions and exclusions may apply. Benefits vary according to cover level: those noted throughout this page provide a snapshot of some that may apply when using a Health Partners Participating Provider or Hospital, and may relate to specific item numbers or incorporate further terms and conditions. Refer to individual cover details and the Health Partners Member Guide for more information.
- Happy members that stay 100% owned by members
- Big Benefits Enjoy generous limits on a range of services
- Not for profit Our profits are invested back to benefit our members
- Covered Australia-wide Peace of mind wherever you are
About Private Health Insurance
About Hospital Cover
Helps you avoid public system waiting lists and covers costs when you are admitted to a private hospital. Having cover gives you the choice and comfort that the public system can’t.
- Stay in a private room, when available
- Decide where you’ll be treated
- Choose your specialists
- Avoid public system waiting lists
Frequently Asked Questions
When you join Health Partners without current health cover, you will have to wait a certain period of time before being eligible for health fund benefits. This is called a waiting period.
If you have health cover already, but are transferring to a higher level of cover, waiting periods may apply for all additional benefits.
For full details see Waiting Periods.
If the procedure or service you require is included in your cover:
Hospital cover will pay for:
- your accommodation in hospital (including registered day facilities);
- your theatre, labour ward and intensive care fees;
- all PBS prescriptions relating to your admission, while you’re in hospital; and
- an extensive range of Government-recognised surgically implanted prostheses.
Select covers also provide access to a range of wellness services and support programs.
Hospital cover will pay towards:
- inpatient medical fees (click here for more information on how to reduce your medical expenses); and
- a range of additional services depending on your level of cover.
Health Partners will also cover other allied health services provided during your admission, such as dental, physiotherapy and dietary in line with our agreement with the hospital and your level of Extras cover.
Extras cover provides benefits for a wide range of services that are not covered by Medicare. The most popular services include Optical, Dental, Physiotherapy, Chiropractic, Naturopathy, Dietary and Podiatry. The actual services covered and benefits paid will depend on your particular level of cover.
Ambulance cover is available on ALL Health Partners’ policies. There are two types of cover: Non-Emergency Ambulance and Emergency Ambulance.
If Non-Emergency Ambulance is included in your cover, you will be covered in full if you call an ambulance – regardless of whether the service is classed as emergency or not.
- Cover for the full cost of the ambulance service up to a maximum of $20,000.
- Cover for service deemed by the ambulance provider as ‘emergency’ and ‘non-emergency’.
- Australia-wide coverage by road or air.
- Service required on medical grounds (this excludes clinic-car type transport).
If Emergency Ambulance is included in your cover, you will be covered in full for ambulance services that are deemed or classed as ‘emergency’ only.
- Cover for the full cost of an emergency ambulance call-out up to a maximum of $20,000.
- Australia-wide coverage by road or air, for emergency service required on medical grounds.
To find out what level of Ambulance cover you have, and what the limits are, refer to your individual cover details.
What our happy customers have to say
“I choose Health Partners because it is a member operated and not-for-profit fund, and has its own great professional services.”
Greg, Morphett Vale
“I chose Health Partners because I believe I get the best value, and dealing with them is easy. Thanks for your help over the last 20+ years.”
Beverly, Wynn Vale
“I find they give me the best cover for all my needs and any time I have a query, the staff are so helpful with the information”
June, Fulham Gardens
Your waiting periods switch with you
You won’t need to re-serve equivalent waits
30 day cooling off period
To make sure you’re happy
Over 80 years of experience
Caring for member’s health since 1937