- Happy members that stay
- Big Benefits
- Not for Profit
- Covered Australia-wide
Healthy chocolate brownies
Posted 5 February 2019
We teamed up with Callum and Themis from Sprout Cooking School to bring you healthy chocolate brownies that the whole family can enjoy making.
- 200g dark chocolate
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 ½ cups grated pumpkin (from ¼ small pumpkin)
- 1 granny smith apple, grated
- 1 ⅓ cups almond meal
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ cup Dutch cocoa, plus extra to serve
- ½ cup pecans, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 160C fan forced. Line a 20cm x 20cm square baking pan with baking paper.
- Melt chocolate in a bowl set over a simmering saucepan of water. Meanwhile, whisk together eggs, olive oil and sugar until sugar dissolves.
- Whisk melted chocolate into egg mixture, then stir in pumpkin, apple, almond meal, nutmeg, cocoa and pecans.
- Transfer the batter to the lined tin and bake for 25-30 minutes or until brownies are set and smell delicious.
- Allow the brownies to cool slightly before turning out and cutting into 5cm x 5cm pieces.
- Dust with extra cocoa to serve.