- Happy members that stay
- Big Benefits
- Not for Profit
- Covered Australia-wide
Chocolate mousse with orange and hazelnuts
Posted 4 October 2019
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 150g dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids), roughly chopped
- 100mL extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- 4 eggs, separated
- 50g caster sugar
- 2 oranges, cut into rounds
- 2 tablespoons roasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- Melt chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Remove from heat. Stir in olive oil and a pinch of salt.
- Whisk egg whites in a large bowl until stiff peaks form.
- Whisk egg yolks and sugar in a separate large bowl until pale, thick and doubled in volume.
- Gradually pour chocolate mixture into egg yolks, stirring until completely combined. Gently fold in the egg whites, one third at a time. Spoon mixture into dessert bowls and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Serve chocolate mousses topped with orange rounds and hazelnuts.
This recipe is perfect for entertaining. The mousse can be made ahead of time and set in dessert bowls or glasses so you can enjoy time with your guests.
The fruity, peppery flavour of olive oil is a great way to balance out desserts. Additionally, it’s a rich source of mono-unsaturated fats which have been shown to improve heart health and be protective of memory and brain function.