- Happy members that stay
- Big Benefits
- Not for Profit
- Covered Australia-wide
Cajun chicken with charred corn salad and guacamole
Posted 6 January 2020
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 4 chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 corn cobs, kernels removed
- ¼ pineapple, diced
- 1 lebanese cucumber, diced
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 spring onion, thinly sliced
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced
- ½ bunch coriander, leaves picked
- Juice of a lime
- 1 avocado
- Combine chicken, paprika, coriander and salt in a small bowl. Toss until evenly coated. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook for 4-5 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Remove from the pan and set aside to rest before slicing.
- Return pan to the heat. Add corn kernels and cook for 2-3 minutes or until lightly charred. Transfer to a large bowl and allow to cool slightly. Add pineapple, cucumber, tomatoes, spring onion, chilli, coriander and half the lime juice in a large bowl.
- Halve the avocado, remove the seed and scoop out the flesh. Mash avocado with the remaining lime juice in a bowl with a fork.
- Divide corn salad, guacamole and chicken between serving bowls.
Want to be ready for when your guests arrive? Why not marinate the chicken in the spices ahead of time, and when you’re ready for dinner take it outside to barbeque.
As well as packing a punch of flavour in this dish, fresh red chillies offer Vitamin C which is a powerful antioxidant and important for a strong immune system.