We've teamed up with Callum Hann and Themis Chryssidis from Sprout Cooking School, to bring you a delicious dessert that is sure to get your guests scraping their bowls and asking for more!
- 1 Cup thick Greek yoghurt
- 2 Teaspoons vanilla bean paste (substitute vanilla extract)
- Finely grated zest of a lemon
- 3 Egg whites
- ¼ Cup caster sugar
- 1 Cup frozen raspberries
- ¼ Cup pistachios, roughly chopped
- 4 Peaches, sliced into wedges, to serve
- Summer fruit of your choice, to serve
- Line a 12cm x 22cm loaf pan with cling film. Stir together yoghurt, vanilla and lemon zest.
- Place egg whites in a large bowl. Use electric beaters or a whisk to whip eggs to soft peaks, then slowly add the sugar, whisking all the time, until a stiff, shiny meringue is reached.
- Use a whisk to fold egg white mixture and yoghurt mixtures together. Carefully fold through raspberry and pistachios. Try not to over mix as the raspberries will bleed and turn the parfait pink.
- Spoon mixture into the loaf pan and smooth with a spatula or knife. Freeze for 4 hours or overnight until firm.
- Turn parfait out, remove cling film and cut into slices. Divide parfait slices between plates. Serve with peach wedges and your chosen summer fruit.
Sprout Christmas Dinner
Do you need ideas for your Christmas feast or just an excuse to catch up with friends? Sprout Cooking School are hosting a 'Seasonal Dinner' where you will be able to sit back and relax while they demonstrate and serve five Christmas inspired dishes, showcasing South Australia's best produce and wine.
Date: Friday 15 December
Time: 6.00pm - 9.00pm
Location: Sprout Kitchen, 89 Sir Donald Bradman Drive, Hilton SA
Click here for more information.